I recently celebrated a birthday marking a somewhat large number. The occasion got me to thinking about the things I have learned in my time, and I realized there were a few “rules” I tried to follow. They are:
1. Don’t panic: Keeping calm is the first step to solving any emergency or problem.
2. Carry a pocket knife: You’d be surprised how often it comes in handy.
3. Your family is always your family: They’re the people you will see your whole life, so you better learn to live with them.
4. Do more than what’s expected: Nobody remembers the average employee/player/friend.
5. Never stop learning: The minute you stop learning, you get left behind.
6. Pray thank you: No matter your circumstances, remember to be thankful for your blessings, because there is someone who has less.